Admission of Active Duty Military Personnel

The University offers a degree completion program to meet the needs of military personnel provided admission requirements are met. The University grants credit for courses taken in military training and service schools and for CLEP, and DANTES.

The University of the Incarnate Word is DoD MOU school and works with Army, National Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force students.  UIW coordinates with GoArmyEd, Navy College Program, and the Air University AU-ABC and GEM programs, and all the United States Armed Forces. These programs grant early admission to qualified enlisted Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen to facilitate credit transfer and matriculation to the University. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions.

Requests for service school credit or examination credit must be documented by the following:

  1. Official transcripts from CLEP or DSST for tests and courses completed.
  2. Transcripts showing the completion of service school courses (ex. JST or CCAF transcripts).
  3. Official report of scores on GED examinations.