VA Educational Benefits

Degree programs described in this bulletin have been approved for benefits under the various laws commonly referred to as the GI Bill and other VA Educational Benefits. Eligible veterans and dependents should contact the Center for Veterans Affairs, located in the Student Engagement Center, 3rd Floor, Room 3021 at 4301 Broadway in San Antonio, Texas, 78209 for assistance in following established degree programs that will meet VA requirements. The Center for Veterans Affairs provides the required forms and information regarding educational benefits which may be available for veterans and/or their dependents.  

Students who obtain VA Educational Benefits are responsible for understanding the policies set by the VA regulations, which are monitored by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affiars and the Texas Veterans Commission, and for notifying the Center for Veterans Affairs of changes to their enrollment status. The Center for Veterans Affairs serves as a liaison between the VA and those students of the University of the Incarnate Word participating in VA Educational Benefits.  As a private institution, UIW does not participate in the Hazelwood Act which may only be used at a Texas public institution.