B. Credit From Non-Accredited Schools

Students transferring to UIW from an institution of higher education that is not accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations may validate the work taken at the institution by:

  • Credit will not be awarded for any course for which equivalent tests (AP, CLEP or DSST/DANTES) or challenge examinations exists.
  • Credit will only be awarded for courses which are offered at UIW.
  • Credit will be awarded only if the course or credit is required for the degree or when elective credits are needed to reach the requisite hours required for the degree.
  • Credits from non-accredited institutions may not apply toward all degree programs and the acceptance of these credits is contingent upon departmental approval.
  • A maximum of 30 semester hours may be awarded from a non-accredited institution or in combination with correspondence, credit by examination, or challenge examination.

Eligibility for Transfer Credit Evaluation:

  • Students who have earned at least 30 hours of residence credit at UIW and have accumulated a UIW/institutional GPA of 2.5 or higher may petition for credit consideration.
  • Students must apply to the Registrar for consideration of these credits. Specific course credit will be approved by the Registrar in consultation with the Discipline Coordinator and the appropriate Dean.